Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Virgin Post

First post, eh? Better make it good.

This is the latest assignment for my Basic Drawing class. The task was to pencil, ink, and color an illustration featuring a well-known landmark that's been altered in some way, but not enough to make it unrecognizable. I picked the Great Wall of China, and I stuck some future junk on it and blew a hole in the wall. I also threw in some Mongolians from the future. They just won't stop breaking down the city wall!

The color rendering was mostly done with the Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet. After about three months of messing around with the damn thing, I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.

5 comments:

David Cowles said...

Nice job, Clayton! Is the Star Trek reference the Borg looking guy? Also, I feel that the one guys teeth are a tribute to that mutant guy from The Goonies. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though. Nice coloring, too.

UncleFat said...

No, I think the Star Trek reference is the guy on the left, running off the panel holding a tri-corder.
AND, I think the blog title is an inside-out reference to Buddy aka Incredi-Boy aka Syndrome. Am I right?
Very nice job!

Laura Wilder said...

Clayton! fabulous drawing! fun writing! i laughed, i cried. so glad we have a way to check out what the heck you've been doing over there. love, mother

Unknown said...

Fantastic and hilarious work.
Miss you! I hope you are well!

Phil said...

nice work , Clayton. I was at the great wall a few years back, I totally missed the battle though.